Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Basic Eyebrow Shaping Steps


In school I have been working on my eyebrow shaping and waxing techniques.  I am kind of obsessed with brows.  I find myself staring at people's brows in the grocery store, at parties and at school and re-shaping or grooming them in my head. Recently, I started to shape a lot of my friends and relatives eyebrows.    Nothing can make you look younger, fresher and more put together than well groomed eyebrows.

The question I get asked the most lately when doing brows  is how eyebrows can be maintained at home in between visits.  Like you, I really get annoyed by stray hairs that crop up a few weeks after getting my eyebrows done.  If your eyebrows have already been professionally shaped it is pretty easy to maintain them at home, though nothing beats a professional groom!

Here are some guidelines to help with your at home eyebrow maintenance.

1.  Identify Your Brow Shape
Work with the shape of your eyebrow, not against it.  Do not try to recreate your brows at home.  At home it should be about clean up only!

2.  To Avoid Mistakes, Mark Vertical Guides at the Starting, Arch and End of Brow (Use Guideline Below)
It is so easy to over-pluck or accidentally pluck just one necessary, important eyebrow hair. To avoid this often made mistake, draw guides using a white eyeliner pencil.

   1.  Mark a vertical white line at start of your brow, approximately the inner tip of your nose, using a white eyeliner pencil. 
   2 & 3:  Do the Same for your arch and also the end of your brow.

3.  Using the Above Lines as  Guides, Draw a Guideline of Your Eyebrow Shape 
(See picture here)

4. Pluck Stray Hairs.
Using quality, sanitized tweezers, pluck hairs ON OR OUTSIDE of the white guideline.  Do not pluck any hairs inside of the white pencil guidelines!  Pluck in the direction of hair growth to get the entire hair.  Again, be careful not to pluck any hairs inside the white guidelines - this is your eyebrow!  

6.  Apply 1% Cortisone Cream to Calm Redness

7.  Fill in Any Blank Areas
Fill in any sparse areas with brow powder or pencil.  Personally, I like brow color to be two shades darker for light hair or gray hair, two shades lighter for brown hair.  Try to avoid to be too matchy matchy with haircolor.  Set with brow gel.

Viola!  Your done!  You look fabulous!

All the best Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment