Wednesday, February 19, 2014

How to Get Glowing Skin from the Inside



I am now officially an advanced student and am working on clients in our clinic. Last night, I had the pleasure of performing a facial on male client.  Because of the beard and stache growth, a facial on a male client is very different from a facial on a female client.  It was a little intimidating at first but then I got the hang of it and adjusted to cleanse and massage in the direction of the hair growth and all was fine. :)


As estheticians, we treat the skin on the outside and can achieve great results with facials and other body treatments.  But another piece of the healthy and beautiful skin puzzle is to take care of it from the inside. In other words, you need to have inner health to have a healthy outside.  My nutritionist friend, whom I have done several cleanses with, Lisa Kristofek, owner and head nutritionist of  Fresh Squeeze Nutrition recommended the Glowing Green Smoothie by Kimberly Snyder for healthier skin and body.  After reading about it, I decided to give it a try.  It actually had me at "Glowing" but then I read on…

" This smoothie supplies you with the energy, vitamins and minerals to give your skin a youthful, sexy glow.  "Begin your day with celebrity nutritionist Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie Recipe for breakfast. "My clients see a difference in their skin in a few days," says Kimberly.  "Because you're blending these greens into a liquid, it's easier to digest and the nutrients are immediately available to energize your body," she explains. While we were chatting with Kimberly, Haylie Duff texted to say that her under-eye circles went away after a few days on Kimberly's beauty detox! Amazing."

Sold!  

I am now about 30 days into 90 days of drinking the Glowing Green Smoothie for breakfast.  Each morning I am blending up spinach, celery, cilantro, romaine, pear, apple, lemon juice and banana into a surprisingly tasty, very fresh smoothie packed with far more greens than I would ever normally eat.  It is quite the blending process in the morning and requires many trips to the grocery store to replenish all the fruits and veggies but I think it is worth it.  I feel energized and my skin seems to be hmmmm, how do I put this in scientific terms... Smoother???  I honestly can't figure it out but it is different.  Wait - No circles fur sure!!!  It is more glowy but the thing I notice the most is that it is noticeably less red and smoother.  One note, sometimes I mix it up a bit and add Kale instead of romaine and/or spinach!  A whoppingful of super, duper fun right?

My morning smoothie!
Here is the recipe for the Glowing Green Smoothie:

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups water
1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped
3-4 stalks organic celery
1/2 head of a large bunch or 3/4 of a small bunch of spinach
1 organic apple, cored and chopped

1 organic pear, cored and chopped
1 organic banana
Juice of 1/2 fresh organic lemon
Optional: 1/3 bunch organic cilantro (stems OK) and 1/3 bunch organic parsley (stems OK)
Directions
  1. Add water and chopped head of romaine to blender. Blend at a low speed until smooth.
  2. Add spinach, celery, apple, and pear and blend at high speed.
  3. Add cilantro and parsley (which help chelate heavy metals out of your body).
  4. Finish with banana and lemon.
*Makes about three 16-ounce servings.

All the best,  Karen 

No comments:

Post a Comment