Thursday, June 12, 2014

After some time away...

It's been quite a while since my last post.  My skin and my emotions went on a roller coaster the past month or so.  Right about the time I was starting my very first job as an esthetician, I suddenly started having terrible cystic breakouts on my lower cheeks and jaw.  At the time my dermatologist and myself chalked it up to stress, hormonal changes, and my skin sensitivities.  But, something seemed very wrong.  I was put on an antibiotic and still nothing changed.  Now I was on spiro and an antibiotic.  This is a lot for a girl who can hardly tolerate Tylenol.  Even with these meds the acne just got worse.  My face was red all the time - everywhere.  Even a minor breakout turned into a monster.  Every pimple turned cyst lasted weeks and would not heal.  At all.

Then two weeks ago, I put it together with some help of an esthetician I work with.  Could the Yaz birthcontrol I had been on for 2 months and 3 wks be causing my sudden terrible acne along with terrible anxiety I suddenly felt?  A lightbulb turned on.  I realized I had been breaking out almost to the day of starting Yaz but never put it together because I had been on Yaz for years and never had skin issues with it - in fact it made my skin breakout proof.  I figured it had to be me and my hormones, but it wasn't.  After stopping Yaz, my skin miraculously cleared up in 3 days.  The chronic redness, irritation, huge breakouts - gone.

I have been off Yaz for 2 wks and I feel like my self again.  My skin is healing and my spirits are high once again.

All the best,

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment