Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Glycolic Peel Follow Up

After some major purging of the skin following my first glycolic peel last week, it took until today, 5 days later, to actually not be completely embarrassed walking out of the house from being so broken out and peely.  Yuck.  But today, I did a second peel and my skin, though a bit flushed, is noticeably more smooth, except for some lingering post pimple trauma and a couple smaller breakouts that are still hanging around.  I did have two new  pimples pop up to the surface along my jaw right after the peel again (isn't that crazy?) but they are small and I am just considering this purging and my skin just needs to go through this phase.

I'll take it seeing as how my overall skin tone and texture seem to be improving significantly each day.  I really should start taking pictures to show the "before" and "after".  This morning my under eyes look so light (my dark circles seem to have have diminished - does glycolic do this?) and my face in general is so much smoother.  I keep feeling my forehead and upper cheeks - they are like a baby's bottom.  Not one bump nad my forehead lines have almost disappeared - from two peels!  I am going to do a series of 6 gylcolic's along with a few salicylic peels to keep the acne away.  2 down, 4 to go...

Also, I am keeping with my regime of reducing my oily skin oil production, regularly exfoliating my skin with the chemical peels along with a light daily salicylic cleanser in the AM.  I am continuing to use a water based oil-free moisturizer but I did switch and went back to my tried and true moisturizer I had used for years before starting school - Clinique Dramatically Different Gel Moisturizer.  I also switched my moisturizing / oil minimizing face oil to Josie Maran's Pure Argan Milk for sensitive skin. I am using this post peel and under moisturizer in the AM and PM.

I am hoping when I start work next week my skin will be fresh and in super good shape!

All the best,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment