Saturday, April 26, 2014

Starting the Perricone Prescription 3 Day Program

Though my skin seems to finally be settling down, it is far from perfect.  I am still embarrassed the state of my skin.  I have read a ton of blogs and found one that I identified with http://mychemicalpeel.blogspot.com.   In one of the blogs I read the blogger had followed the Perricone Prescription Program to help improve her skin.  I feel like at this point, I need to help my skin from the inside and thought this would be a good start since all I seem to be eating lately are craptastic foods!  I started The Perricone Prescription 3 day program today.  Actually, I am doing a 3 1/2 day program since technically I did not start until lunch today.  With the birthcontrol I recently started and all the stress I have felt lately (new job), my skin just can't seem to get healthy.

Here are some of the skin issues I have been experiencing the past several weeks:
- Blemishes that seem never heal and go away, even with diligently not picking.  I have had one pimple for 2 weeks now.  It is the same as 2 weeks ago even with treatment.
- General inflammation on lower jaw and neckline.
- Uneven tone due to post traumatic hyper-pigmentation.
- Dehydrated skin due to acne treatments.

I started taking Perricone's recommended vitamins, am going to buy his Vitamin C Ester Cream to calm and help even my skin tone and am eating non-inflammatory foods for the next 3 1/2 days. 

Goodbye alcohol, chips and salsa, coffee.  Hello eggs, salmon, blueberries, low sodium turkey, raw nuts, green tea, oatmeal (non instant), and green apples.  I will post a before picture tomorrow morning when I have no makeup on!

No comments:

Post a Comment