Sunday, March 23, 2014

My Job Interview at Asha Spa

Last week I interviewed at Asha Lifestyle Spa.  It is near my house, offers part-time options and is a beautiful spa in a great location.  When I say beautiful I mean stunning!  It is luxiurious and no detail was over-looked.  When you walk into their spa, it feels like you want to stay there forever drinking lemon infused water and eating snacks in in the spa lounge while wrapped up in a thick terry robe.  Ahhh.

When can I start???

After interviewing last week with one of the managers, I got a call for a practical interview which I go in to do on Tuesday.  A practical interview is when you show your skills.  My guess is a practical is done for a few reasons.  1) It allows the place of employment to make sure you are a right fit in regards to bed side manner, professionalism, working under pressure.  2) That you have "solid technique" and skills and though you may need some training, you are ready to work on clients. And, 3) That you can function on your own if thrown in.  There are probably a few others but this is what I thought of off the top of my head.
I am going to be doing a 1 hour facial and then a brazilian bikini wax.  I have to tell you that I am nervous.  I am fine with the actual facial and wax but I have never used their products, will be in a new room I have never been in before, and I don't their techniques or procedures.  I am SURE mine are quite different.

Insert "deep breath" here.

I can do this.  Here is hoping I am celebrating Tuesday night!  :0

All the best,

Karen  

No comments:

Post a Comment